The Australian Taxation Office will be holding free tax seminars for rental property owners which will provide information on tax issues relevant to owning and maintaining a rental property. These 2 hour sessions are being held across the nation and will be the perfect guide to putting together your next return.
Topics to be covered are:
- Purchasing a rental property;
- Owning a rental property;
- Deductible expenses;
- Repairs versus improvements;
- Capital and private expenses;
- Selling a rental property;
- Capital gains tax; and
- Record keeping.
If you would be interested in attending these seminars, more information and dates can be found by visiting www.ato.gov.au/rpseminars